The Avalon, Clapham South, SW12 9EB
£9-11ph dependant on experience
Front of house
Full time role
The Avalon in Clapham are looking for an experienced supervisor to join their management team, running 2-3 shifts a week.
- Supervise, lead and support a team of 20+ staff during busy shifts
- Train new staff and maintain our high standards of service at all times
- Meet, greet and seat customers using our booking system, Quandoo
- Deal with potential complaints and quickly problem solve
- Support the general manager with the day to day running of the pub
- When not supervising shifts, you will work along side the waiting staff as a floor member
The candidate should have:
- a fun, friendly and positive attitude
- confidence and excellent communication skills
- experience managing staff
- experience of managing high volume venues
- experience problem solving and reacting quickly to any issues that may arise
- experience making drinks including beer, wine, cocktails and coffee
- availability to work Monday to Sunday, day times and evening shifts
- At least 6 months experience in a similar environment is essential for this role, along with a willingness to learn.
Some benefits of working with us:
- online and on-site training and development
- the opportunity to progress within the company
- competitive rates of pay, share of service charge on top of hourly wage
- 50% staff discount on food and 25% staff discount on drink in all our pubs
- good shift patterns
- meals on shift
- Huge staff party every January
- ‘Thank you’ vouchers for those who do an outstanding job!
We look forward to hearing from you. Please send your CV with a short covering letter.
Apply for this position
Location: The Avalon